MODULE X: Project hackathon!
You could think of this module as dessert, but really it is the main course. Everything else was just leading to this. Our goal is for you to leave the class with a clear idea of how to approach your app, the tools that will help you get there, and the beginning of the actual application. Armed with these things, you have a high chance of success.
We'll take one or two days to plan and start on a project of your choice. You can choose to work on your own or — better still — in pairs. The goal is to have a working prototype of your app by the end of the day. We'll help each other to imagine audacious projects, and give help and advice for continuing the projects after the course is over.
Here are some examples of projects you could take on:
- Building a web service to characterize well logs.
- Design a web app to make polarity cartoons.
- Making a service to compute seismic attributes on traces.
- Building a tool to interpret well UWIs as spatial data.
- Providing a way for people to get a 'seismic data quality' score for a dataset.
- Making a decompaction calculator for well logs.
The list is endless!
Check out the short video from our 2017 Paris hackathon to see what we get up to.