We are a scientific computing company.
We operate all over the world. We love data.
We specialize in solving subsurface problems in the natural resources industries. Technology problems, analysis problems, data problems. We have expertise in machine learning, geophysical interpretation, seismic modelling, geodata manipulation, uncertainty analysis, and knowledge management. Our domain includes conventional petroleum resources, oil sands, shale gas, mining, and geothermal energy. If you have a tough subsurface problem, call us.
Give us a try on one of your nastiest problems. We will make progress in 24 hours — or you can fire us and walk away.
- Programming (Python, Lua)
- Machine learning
- Seismic analysis
- Seismic interpretation
- Seismic project planning
- Geodata wrangling
- GIS and mapping
- Knowledge sharing
- Enterprise wikis
- Science communication
- BG Group
- Ormat Technologies
- CCS Nova Scotia
- Government of Canada
- Government of Nova Scotia
- Sigma Explorations
- Petroleum and geothermal reservoir description from seismic
- 3D seismic acquisition planning
- Seismic processing QC and overview
- Subsurface data management and curation
- Custom software development for wireline log analysis
- Generating wiki content from books
- Supercharging wikis for geoscience content
- Knowledge sharing strategic planning
Machine learning and data analytics
Artificial intelligence is a powerful approach to automating complex and nonlinear computational tasks, such as high-dimensional classification problems, or pattern-finding in very large datasets. Our experience:
- Data quality assurance and lithofacies prediction from well logs in a large well dataset.
- Lithology prediction from natural language cuttings descriptions.
- Planning and managing the 2016 SEG machine learning contest with Brendon Hall at Enthought.
- Various small natural language projects, as showcased at geosci.ai.
We specialize in quantitative interpretation problems in geothermal exploration and development, as well as in conventional and unconventional petroleum. Some examples of our work:
- Delineating geothermal reservoir rock with custom-generated seismic attributes.
- Planning and modelling 3D seismic acquisition.
- Forward modelling of seismic response at wells, for AVO and rock physics.
- Quality checking and control on seismic data and subsurface interpretation projects.
Do you have calculations hidden away in spreadsheets that no-one but you can use? Does your organization struggle to apply its corporate knowledge?
The best way to solve these problems with software. And the best software is easy to use, easy to share, and easy to maintain.
We solve our own problems with scientific computing, and we can help you do the same. We use the scientific Python stack to save you time and money.
When we're not working with data, we're working with people and knowledge. We especially love organizing events that connect communities of practice — hackathons, unconferences, and other human technologies.
We can help you find and map what you already know, and build powerful systems to capture and connect your scientists' know-how.
We believe that connecting people and the things they know is the most important step your organization can take.