- We love the idea that subsurface software can cost dollars, not 1000's of dollars.
- We love the idea of subsurface software being online, not on the desktop.
- We love the idea that subsurface software can be open source. Here's our code!
- We love the idea of subsurface software that doesn't need a manual to master.
- We love the idea of subsurface software that runs on a tablet or a phone.
- We see software as an important way to share knowledge and connect people.
OK, that's enough reasons. There are more. Those are the main ones.
The point is: we love these ideas. And we hope that you, dear reader, at least like some of them a bit. Because we really want to keep developing modelr. We think it can be awesome. Imagine 3D earth models, imagine full waveform modeling, imagine gravity and magnetic models. We get very excited when we think about all the possiblities. There's no better way to calibrate your seismic intuition than modeling, and modelr is a great place to start modeling.
Here's a challenge: take 3 minutes and see if you can generate...
|A wedge model & tuning curve||An AVA gather for a Class 4 sand||A stochastic AVA crossplot|